FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ unable to be detected in FlexLogger

@marx87

thank you for the update with your situation. That is really disappointing that NI cannot find a solution that does not require letting down antivirus. I am going to try the last response to my question and then I think I am going to pass on flexlogger. I found signal express which is not as new, but it has what I need and it is free, you might be able to use that.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,267 Views)

Hi marx87,

I am sorry you had this experience, I think I can step in and provide the bit of information you needed around the whitelisting.

For programs we know will need to be whitelisted they are: 

• FlexLogger.exe, niroco.exe

They should have roughly the following paths:

• C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\roco\niroco.exe
  • C:\Program Files\National Instruments\FlexLogger\FlexLogger.exe

This should be a starting point and at least hopefully get Route Coordinator around the Antivirus.

Additionally, could you PM your support ticket details?  I would like to follow up with them on what happened here.

Thanks!

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,260 Views)

Hi Ryan,

Thank you sharing possible path for whitelisting.

Will check with my Global IT team on this matter.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,246 Views)

Okay, I reinstalled flexlogger and then installed  daqmx and I still do not have the ability to "reserve" my hardware for flexlogger. I assume I have the same issue with the antivirus blocking the communication. Is that a case specific action to whitelist NI's scripts or is there something more generic that I can try to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(2,233 Views)

Has anyone, user or NI, been able to resolve this? We are currently experiencing the exact same issue and have not found a solution based on any information found here.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,903 Views)

any progress on solving this? I'm in the same boat. I tried it on my person PC and it flexlogger worked just fine. I tried it on my work PC in our lab and no dice. I have no way to disable any time of firewall or antivirus software (this cannot be a real solution right?) I'm not even sure what white listed even means but If I know what to even tell my IT department I could try. NI can you please give a detailed solution to how we should address this issue and how to communicate with our IT departments?

Thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,189 Views)

In the end I had to work with my IT group to clear up and "white list" flexlogger so I can access it. I would work with your IT group to find a similar solution.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,173 Views)

Yeah i just put a call into them. I'm not too familiar with what it would take to "whitelist" the program hope they do. Do you recall if it was just flexlogger or also that niroco file too?  I do notice under Services when I go to task manager that niroco is stopped and I cannot get it started again. maybe IT can.

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,169 Views)

In the end I got the NI folks connected to my IT folks and they sorted it out as I was not being a very helpful middle man.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,164 Views)