FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ unable to be detected in FlexLogger

Hi All,

I am using  cDAQ-9174 +  NI 9205 & Flexlogger to measurement voltage. The DAQ we are using couldn’t be detected in the Flexlogger SW. However the DAQ can be detected in the NI-MAX.

The cDAQ is detected when the USB is plug to PC. Then we selected Begin with Flexlogger ‘GO’"The cDAQ is detected when the USB is plug to PC. Then we selected Begin with Flexlogger ‘GO’"

The display shows not detected. We proceed with ‘NI MAX’The display shows not detected. We proceed with ‘NI MAX’

The device can be detected in the NI MAXThe device can be detected in the NI MAX

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(4,076 Views)

Did you try reserve the cDAQ device in MAX? I had a similar issue with an ethernet cDAQ which required a full install of the latest DAQmx driver. Only then would FlexLogger see the cDAQ device (after it had been reserved in MAX).

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(3,899 Views)

How do you "reserve a cDAQ"?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,879 Views)

Open up MAX, then find the cDAQ device listed on the left under My System -> Devices and Interfaces. Right-click it select Reserve Chassis. There should also be a lock icon at to top of the window when you select the cDAQ device which indicates if it's reserved or not. I think you can also click this to reserve / unreserve it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,874 Views)

I am not sure my version of MAX has those options.  The attached image shows what I have when the cDAQ is selected and when I right click on the device. I just installed NI software on my computer two days ago so I assume I have the most recent versions from NI's website.

MAX version 20.5.0f0

Flexlogger 2021 R2 build 9.0.0.50430

cDAQ 9171

Module NI 9203

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,866 Views)

A customer of ours had this exact issue, where MAX could see the hardware, but there was no reserve option (and of course FlexLogger couldn't see the hardware at all). We had to install the DAQmx driver suite separately (version 20.7 from here), and that fixed both the missing reserve function and the FlexLogger issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,842 Views)

Thank you for the help, did you uninstall everything and then installed them separately, or can I go to your line and install DAQmx again?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,835 Views)

I uninstalled flexlogger (which included uninstalling DAQmx) Then I installed DAQmx then flexlogger with the package manager, and I am still having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,830 Views)

Hi Everyone,

****An update on this issue

After working weeks with NI support team, the issue is narrowed down Antivirus Program . According to the NI Support team, the Antivirus Program is injecting something into 64-bit processes that is throwing an unhandled exception. This cause some issue with the NI ROUTE COODINATOR. 

I requested the team to provide me the path/exe file list from Flexlogger for us to "whitelist" (exempt antivirus from interrupting) but they unable to tell which path/exe file. They instead recommend us to change antivirus program or disable it. 

For us, this issue happened after almost a year of using flexlogger. They also claiming another of their customer faced same issue.

The disappointing part is that NI support team unable to provide solution and they choose to propose customer to disable antivirus. We being part of global company couldn't just disable or change antivirus program as its core defends against cybersecurity.  

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,818 Views)

@JTWBH wrote:

Thank you for the help, did you uninstall everything and then installed them separately, or can I go to your line and install DAQmx again?

The standalone DAQmx driver was installed over the top of the existing installation, and FlexLogger was left untouched. So you might try install DAQmx again without removing anything else.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,810 Views)