FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Properties in the File Name

In the logging tab is it possible to include links to the custom test properties in the file name section, and allow the operator to enter the test specific details to automatically update the file name.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,877 Views)

It isn't possible today to include the custom property values dynamically in a filename. For now, your options would be to have operator rename the file after it's complete (possible directly from the left Data Files Pane in the application), or to work on some automated post-processing of files that reads tags and renames or copies files around.

We're always looking to improve FlexLogger. Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback!

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,802 Views)

I was looking for this exact possibility as well. Please implement this feature!

My solution was to script-rename all files with Diadem back at office. However this does not help when searching for a specific file to review in the field.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,434 Views)

Hi lurker,

Thank you for your feedback about having a lot of interest in this capability for your use case. I would love to hear more about your application and requirements around this capability. Please feel free to send me an email at Tommy.glicker@ni.com and I can set up some time for us to talk more about this if that works for you.

Thanks,

Tommy

Tommy G.
Product Manager - Search
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,427 Views)

Hi,

Sorry for digging up old discussions but I'm interested to know if this feature ever made it into the Flexlogger software?

This would be invaluable in the medical device industry where traceability between devices and measurement files (using Lot and Serial numbers) is key. 

Best Regards,

PJ

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,738 Views)

Hi PJ,

As of right now, what you are describing can be done using FlexLogger's Python Automation API.

We have examples that show both setting the log file name for a test:

CyanRyan_0-1660756503408.png

As well as creating and setting test properties:

CyanRyan_1-1660756546546.png

To get the result it sounds like you're looking for you could combine both examples above to setup the log file with the test specific values (like lot or serial number).

Additionally, test start and stop you are running on the equipment can also be automated using the same API.

The examples and documentation for these can be found here: https://niflexlogger-automation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html# 

Thanks!

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,736 Views)