From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9219 vs NI 9229

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey there, me again!

I'm trying to expand on my current test stand with modules I already have on hand.  I've been using a 9229 module to record voltage, current, and torque for a 48V electric motor under load.  I've been asked to also record the voltage and current of the 3 phases.  I only have one 9229 module but I have four 9219 modules.  The engineer wants to be able to record at 1,000 Hz, and the voltage will be going up to 56V at times.  I understand the wiring would be somewhat different on the 9219 than the 9229, but I'm more concerned about can it physically do this.  The 9219 has five different nominal voltage ranges listed in the datasheet, and also says that it can only do 50S/s/ch.  Is that only 50 Hz?  I'd really love to be able to use the 9219s since I have so many of them.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,994 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author brethigh

Hi Brethigh,

your question would be better suited for the Multi function DAQ board: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/bd-p/250 since this board is for FlexLogger.

You are correct, the 9219 cannot go over 50 Hz/ch.

For power measurement, ideally you want to have synchronous acquisition. Some good options would be the : 9225, 9242 or 9244

best of luck,

Vincent Carpentier, Ing./Eng.
CLA, CPI
Neosoft Technologies
www.neosoft.ca
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Message 2 of 3
(2,966 Views)

Ah yes, I forgot to change out of the FlexLogger area.  Thanks for pointing that out.  And thanks for the answers, I just needed confirmation before asking to purchase another module.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,925 Views)