From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Channel Configurations for 100s of channels

Our tests can involve up to 500 channels distributed across PXI, cDAQ, and OPC tags (brought in via system link).

The biggest pain point right now is defining 100's of channels with the FlexLogger graphical interface. We have an excel document that is reviewed by multiple stakeholders that define channel information for all the channels. It would be much more convenient and error resistant if we could somehow import this channel definition file.

I saw in the FlexLogger 2023 Q2 announcment something that suggested the FlexLogger Python API could now help with this. Would this be a possible solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,572 Views)

Hi!

Could you reach out to me through either DM/email?

The team has some solutions that could potentially meet your needs, and the Product Manager and I would love the chance to sit down and talk through them with you.

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,556 Views)

I'm in a similar situation, my tests involve up to 800 channels, fortunately all distributed across PXIe.

I have been struggling to find a better and more efficient method to configure channels rather than the FlexLogger GUI. I would appreciate some guidance on this as well if possible. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,138 Views)

Hi Klotfiza,

Please feel free to reach out to me through DM/email as well and we can talk through solutions.

Thanks!

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,123 Views)

Good Evening,

I have a similar task in Flexlogger we use common CRIO's that will be reconfigured with multiple channels that grow on per test basis but the cards don't change only the # of channels in use.

I stumbled across this thread. I was trying to setup the Flexlogger Python Automation and was trying to decide if i could utilize a few basic Plugins I've made in labview and automate the Test Setup.

I am relatively new to Python and encountered a few issues. I even have an open Issue right now getting it to work.

https://github.com/ni/niflexlogger-automation-python/issues/39

Do you have solution for configuring large repeatable projects?

Thank you,

Billy Alexander

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(651 Views)