From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexlogger Error

Hello, this is my first time posting on the forums,

I have been using Flexlogger for a while, however, I have just installed it on a new computer and I am getting the following error message:

"Error 5000 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):
An error occured while starting the IO Processing Element Framework engine. Report this problem to National Instruments.

Error:
Missing external function lvanlys.*:AxVect_head:C in VI NI_AALBase.lvlib:A x Vector.vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.*:InvMatrixLUDri_head:C in VI NI_AALBase.lvlib:Real Inverse Matrix (LU).vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.*:InvMatrixChoDri_head:C in VI NI_AALBase.lvlib:Real Inverse Matrix (Cholesky).vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.*:InvMatrixTriDri_head:C in VI NI_AALBase.lvlib:Real Inverse Matrix (Triangular).vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.*:InvMatrixTriDri_head:C in VI NI_AALBase.lvlib:Real Inverse Matrix.vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.*:InvMatrixLUDri_head:C in VI NI_AALBase.lvlib:Real Inverse Matrix.vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.*:InvMatrixChoDri_head:C in VI NI_AALBase.lvlib:Real Inverse Matrix.vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.*:AxVect_head:C in VI Resampler2.0_GenReferenceSplines.vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.*:LV_BesselIr:C in VI NI_Gmath.lvlib:Modified Bessel Function Iv.vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.*:LV_BesselIr:C in VI Resampler2.0_GenAdaptiveFilter_GenWindow.vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.*:AxVect_head:C in VI Resampler2.0_GenSpline.vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.*:KaiserH:C in VI NI_AALPro.lvlib:Kaiser-Bessel Window (DBL).vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.*:KaiserH:C in VI Resampler2.0_GenFilter.vi.
VI has an error of type 2208. The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the errors."

I have tried installing full LabVIEW versions, both 32 and 64-bit versions and I get the same error. I have removed all LabVIEW software from the computer and reinstalled Flexlogger and DAQmx and i also get the same error.

Flex logger initially shows up the modules I have connected but then almost instantly brings up the error.

I have connected 3x cDAQ 9189 chassis with 14 x 9237, 1x 9401, 1x 9214, 1x 9205 modules installed.

My new computer is running windows 10 enterprise edition, Asus prime x-570 motherboard, AMD R9 3900X, 64GB Corsair DDR4 memory.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could recommend steps I could take to fix this error?

Thanks,

Fergus

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,297 Views)

FlexLogger R4 depends on the LabVIEW 2019 x64 run-time (and if it wasn't installed it should have been installed by the FlexLogger installer).  It doesn't have any dependencies on the LabVIEW development environment so you shouldn't need to do anything related to that.  My first guess is something is wrong with the run-time installation although I haven't seen this particular issue before.  

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,239 Views)

I have had the exact same problem Flexlogger installations.  Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,758 Views)

No, unfortunately, I didn't find a solution. I had to move to use a different PC. My best guess is that it was something to do with the AMD processor/platform I was using as I tried an identical installation process on 3 other computers (2 different xeons and an I7) which all worked perfectly first time.

Message 4 of 6
(3,750 Views)

Maybe try repairing the LabVIEW 2019 x64 run-time engine from package manager:

Kevin_F_0-1589804684296.png

or if for some reason it didn't get installed correctly downloading it from here: https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview.html#329458

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,710 Views)

I just ran into this issue trying to run an old copy of FlexLogger on a VM and this fixed it for me:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Failure-to-initialize-lvanlys-DLL/m-p/4032554/highlight/true#M11565...

For the next person who isn't experienced with modifications to their environment, this is how I did it (Windows 10):

1. In the search box (bottom left), type "environment", and select "edit the system environment variables".

2. In the System Properties window, selec the "Environment Variables" button

3.Select "New"

4. Type "MKL_DEBUG_CPU_TYPE" in "Variable Name"

5. Type 4 in "Variable Value"

6. Accept the changes, close back out, restart, and everything works

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,881 Views)