From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLogger Plugin SDK Remove Channels Not Working

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm experiencing odd behavior when I try to dynamically control the number of channels in my plugin. I copied the example program out of the 1.3 manual (in LabVIEW 2020). When I load the plugin into FlexLogger, everything seems fine, and I can add channels just fine.

The issues come when I try to remove channels. The channels will be removed, but then blip right back into existence. I put a pause in the Configure Session.vi as an ad-hoc debug, and the behavior paused accordingly, suggesting the issue is in Process or Cleanup. 

Has anyone else had this issue? I can put a code snippet if needed, but it's exactly the same diagram as listed in the 1.3 manual for the SDK.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,181 Views)

Just got back from vacation so I'll investigate this today. What release of FlexLogger did you install? If you don't mind attaching your plugin to ensure I'm testing the same code you are using, that would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Brad

Message 2 of 6
(2,137 Views)

Thank you for taking on the request. I've attached a zip of the project to this reply. It's the "testing" phase files.

Let me know if you spot anything wrong.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,114 Views)

Thanks for the attachment. I've reproduced the problem with the latest FlexLogger and verified an older version (FlexLogger 2020 R4) works well, so I am investigating further now.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Brad

Message 4 of 6
(2,108 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ValveAutomator

I was able to fix this issue so the next release of FlexLogger will have this fixed. The next version should be available around April. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to work around this problem with the current software. I also added some tests to ensure this capability doesn't break in the future. Let me know if waiting until the April release will be acceptable.

Thanks,

Brad

Message 5 of 6
(2,065 Views)

Thank you for remedying the situation. Glad I could bring something to NI's attention 👍

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,053 Views)