From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLogger Functions

Hi everyone,

Is 'FlexLogger' or any other 'NI products' capable to calculate/simulate the heat energy from the exhaust gases of a car ??

Thanking you all in advance for answering !!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,591 Views)

Please explain the terms "Calculate/simulate". Do you have data (measured or simulated)? Do you have formulas?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,529 Views)

Thanks for replying,

Not really, only engine specifications. What I meant was if the FlexLogger Functions or any other product from NI can simulate the flow the heat exhaust gases of an engine, by inputing the engine specification.

I hope that I clarified my request.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,523 Views)

Your question seems more like modelling and simulation and nothing about data acquisition of real-life parameters.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,520 Views)

@KZ_matt00 wrote:

... simulate the flow the heat exhaust gases of an engine, by inputing the engine specification.

Once you have a formula to calculate the desired quantity, all you need is to implement the math using your favorite programming language. Nothing to do with Flexlogger.

Earlier you were talking about "heat energy". Seems very vague. Now you talk about "flow". Equally vague.

Is this just a scalar quantity or do you want to do finite element modeling given the geometries and everything defining the current engine state over time (engine temperature, rpm, environment temperature, fuel type, timepoint in engine cycle, # of cylinders, etc. etc. )

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,503 Views)