From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking out FlexLogger for data display and logging

I have a project I am considering implementing with NI readout electronics and Flexlogger, and I am completely new to this environment. I was wondering if the following will work with this software:

* Displaying signals from current/voltage measurements over time, configurable time scale and Y-axis

* Displaying signals from IEPE sensors as spectra

* All those displays in parallel on one screen

* Warning (colour indicator?) if some threshold is exceeded for one of the parameters

* Logging of values into CSV files

* Saving of this "configuration" to restore it from a file if the user messes up

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,332 Views)

FlexLogger seems like a good fit for most/all of these.

* Displaying signals from current/voltage measurements over time, configurable time scale and Y-axis / Displaying signals from IEPE sensors as spectra / All those displays in parallel on one screen

- FlexLogger supports configurable screens with a variety of controls, indicators and graphs.  The only piece of this I'm not completely sure about is what type of indicator you are looking for for the IEPE spectra.  We do have graphs which display a FFT representation of the signal:

screenshot1.png

* Warning (colour indicator?) if some threshold is exceeded for one of the parameters

FlexLogger has a couple of options for this.  Screen controls can be configured to turn on when a defined threshold is exceeded.  Or alarms/warnings can be configured per channel which will show notifications when a defined threshold is exceeded.

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

* Logging of values into CSV files
FlexLogger logs to TDMS by default, but can be configured to also export the data in a .csv format.

screenshot4.png

* Saving of this "configuration" to restore it from a file if the user messes up

- FlexLogger supports "save/reload" or "save as/reload" which should handle this situation well.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,251 Views)