From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me understand what the DAQmx is exactly?

I'm going through the knowledge base and it is doing a lot with the DAQmx. But I'm slightly confused. Is the DAQmx just some pre-written code bundled together to create an interface for me to use to read analog signals?

If so, what on earth is the point of this expensive labview software if it's all done for me? Lol, I don't mean that seriously, but with my understanding of DAQmx right now that's what it kind of feels like. Surely they don't charge thousands for the ability to do some looping and a pre-built daq interface?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,171 Views)

So what does all this have to do with Flexlogger?

LabVIEW is a full featured programming environment to write very complex custom applications (sometimes they don't even involve any measurement hardware!). LabVIEW is used everywhere (Cern, Spacex, automotive, communications, etc.)

DAQmx are the drivers used by LabVIEW (and many others!) to interact with hardware. For primitive measurements, you don't need LabVIEW. You can just use the test panels.

Message 2 of 2
(1,148 Views)