FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what size computer do i buy

I AM USING LOOKOUT 4.0.1 ON A COMPUTER THAT HAS 128MB MEMORY,40GB HARD DRIVE.  WE HAVE CHANGE COMPUTERS TWICE ,THE PROGAM WORKS GOOD AT FIRST AND THEN AS TIME GOES ON THE PROGRAM SLOWS.  NOW THE PROGAM WON'T EVEN STAYUP.  WE ARE LOOKING TO BUY A NEW COMPUTER AND NEED TO KNOW WHAT SIZE TO GET.  PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL ME ON THE MATTER
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,658 Views)

Hello Substation,

To answer your question, the user manual, located here states that Lookout requires the following:

• Pentium class PC running at 90MHz or faster
  • At least 32 MB RAM
  • 45 MB free disk space, plus possibly 100 MB or more, depending on how much data you intend to log to the Lookout database, Citadel.  You should also have about 50 MB of disk space for file swapping on Windows NT computers
  • Windows 98/95 or Windows NT version 4 or later
  • Network card and TCP/IP networking on the computers you want to connect, if you intend to take advantage of Lookout networking.

While minimum requirements for running Lookout will run Lookout processes, you may find that large processes which draw heavily on computer system resources will benefit from faster computers that have more RAM and disk memory than the minimum requirements. For example, if your Lookout processes 25,000 traces or more, you should use a Pentium 450 MHz computer with at least 256 MB of RAM.

I hope that this helps, if you have any more questions on Lookout, please feel free to create an e-mail support request and I can better direct your questions.  Have a great day.

Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,649 Views)