FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web remote panel chart not updating

I have deployed RT code to a cFP-2120 which I know works fine in non-compiled mode.  When deployed and accessed through a web browser to see the front panel only some of the objects are being updated (i.e. the charts are not updating , but some of the indicators are).  The system is running ok since I also have a UDP datastream which I am monitoring and i know the unit is capturing data and spooling it - just not displaying it on the front panel.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,332 Views)

Hi Mike,

What are the versions of the NI software that you are using, behaviours of this nature can differ across different software generations. By knowing what software versions you are running, and what relevant drivers you have installed it may be easier to try and resolve your issue.

Thanks

Tom.
NIUK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,308 Views)
Hello Mike,

It sounds like you have a race condition going on somewhere in your Vi. This is where the local variables are not being updated appropriately. It may be because you have not initialised the local variable at the beginning of your code. Try simply inputting a constant at the beginning of the code to see if this will help solve it. In my past exaperience with this, the only thing that may prove an issue is that the value of this local variable will remain constant until the input changes again. So if you have an input that is constant and changes very few times over a long period of time then this will remain at the value it is intitialised to until the input value changes. If your input is fluctuating continuously then this may not prove a problem for your application.

Another alternative would be to use a shared single process variable in a project. You can replace all instances of the local variable with this and it should update continuously for you.

Have a go at using these and let me know how you get on.

LeeM
NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,188 Views)