From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using cFp-CTR-502 in a VC++ program

We are developing the software in VC++ 7.0 and using counter channels of Compact FieldPoint module (cFP-CTR-502).

We have following applications:
    1.         We want to measure speed (revolutions per minute).
                 And we want to acquire data continuously at 20 Hz.

We want to measure no of pulses of a known frequency between a start and a stop signal.

The value has to be displayed continuously on the screen.

Please help.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,322 Views)

Hello nals,

What API are you using to develop this program (Datasocket, Fieldpoint)?  Are you using Measurement Studio?  It is important to note that the Measurement Studio Fieldpoint API has been obsoleted as of Fieldpoint 4.1. It would be best if you could develop using CVI.  You would also have access to many examples using Fieldpoint with CVI. 

Hope this helps you get started!

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,305 Views)
Thanks Laura,
We are using Measurement Studio 7.0 classes for I/O with compact fieldpoint modules.
Hope you have further hints and ideas on the solution to my problem.

Thanks a lot.
Nals
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,295 Views)

Hello Nals,

I am attaching an example that I found for counter measurements using the obsolete Fieldpoint API for C++.  Please note that it will not work with anything above Fieldpoint 3.0 (Currently we are up to 4.1). 

You may also consider using the DataSocket API in Measurement Studio to communicate with your Compact Fieldpoint system the using OPC server.  

Hope this helps further,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,283 Views)