From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using 8 cFP-RLY-425 with a single cFP controller?

Is it possible to use eight cFP-RLY-425 relay modules with a single cFP controller and an 8 slot backplane?

Also, what is the difference between ETS and RTX versions of LabVIEW Real-Time module?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,464 Views)
Hi Kasra,

There should be no problems using 8 Relay modules with a cFP controller on a 8 slot backplane.

For your system you will need to buy LabVIEW RT ETS, here is a link to the differences between ETS and RTX, and why you will need ETS.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,444 Views)
Dear James,

It seems that cFP-RLY-425 modules need two slots because their size is double of a normal cFP module.
You say that, it is wrong and they can be pluged in a single slot?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,441 Views)
The cFP-RLY-425 is a double-wide module. However, looking at the picture in the manual, the definition of double-wide is that it takes up both the module slot and the I/O connector slot. For example, Figure 2 in the cFP-RLY-425 manual (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373879b.pdf) shows a 4 slot backplane with 3 other I/O modules, 3 connector blocks and one cFP-RLY-425. Please note that the power consumption of the cFP-RLY-425 is a 1.45 Watts (page 1 of the manual). This restricts you to no more than 6 cFP-RLY-425 modules on a single backplane. However, this would not leave power for other I/O modules to be in the last two slots. Controllers can supply a maximum of 9 Watts to all connected I/O modules, which is an average of 1.125 Watts per module.

Regards,
Aaron
Message 4 of 4
(3,434 Views)