upgrading fp-2010 to 8.6

hi

i want to upgrade my Field Point (FP-2010) to Lab View 8.6 can i do this

mazhar 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(8,995 Views)

Hi Mazhar,

I am sorry to report that the the latest version of LabVIEW Real-Time that supports the cFP-20xx series of controllers is LabVIEW 8.5.1. If you would like to use LabVIEW 8.6 and FieldPoint I suggest upgrading to the cFP-22xx series controllers. These are the lowest priced controllers we offer with the highest performance. Please post again if you have any other questions.

Eric A.
National Instruments
Distributed I/O Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(8,991 Views)

Eric,

Will the cFP-20xx series be supported on LV 8.6 in the future?  This is kind of important for those of us supporting older hardware. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(8,983 Views)

Right now, our plans do not include support for cFP-20xx controllers in future versions of LabVIEW. With recent versions of LabVIEW such as 8.2.1 and 8.5.1, we have not supported some features such as shared variable engine. The memory constrictions on the cFP-20xx controllers make it increasingly more difficult for customers to deploy applications to their older FieldPoint systems in newer versions of LabVIEW.

Eric A.
National Instruments
Distributed I/O Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(8,979 Views)
I understand NI's position but it's a pain for those of us who have to support the 2010's and wish to upgrade to 8.6.  Trying to keep multiple versions of development systems running on the same pc is a royal pain when dealing with the addons and toolkits.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(8,975 Views)

thanx Eric

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(8,939 Views)

Just to add my 2 cents worth, I think that NI is making a BIG mistake in not supporting it's products any better than this!!  We have a lot of time and effort in these systems, and they're not old enough to even have considered that they would not be supported in Labview updates.  I would much rather have support with limitations than a blanket "not supported".  This is the first checkmark that I have in the con column against NI, and I have been an advocate for over thirteen years.

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(8,878 Views)
I agree with Modrep. NI should support its hardware, especially popular models, for a long time.
---------------------------------
[will work for kudos]
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(8,621 Views)

I have LabVIEW 9 installed on my computer. When I try to target my LabVIEW to a Compact FieldPoint cfp-2020 target, I get a message saying that "the version of LabVIEW on your host is not compatible with the one in the target": how can I fix this probleme?

I apologize to trouble you and thankyou very much.

please, if it can possible, send me the response to my email hassan.or@hotmail.com.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(7,259 Views)

As this post suggests, you have to use labview 8.5.1 or below to interface with those devices. You can obtain an install disc for earlier versions of Labview and as long as you are not running both versions of labview on your computer at the same time, you will not be violating your license agreement (as far as I know).

---------------------------------
[will work for kudos]
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(7,257 Views)