FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unseen delay in program

hi Centrelbolt,

Actually  first time I wrote the program using timed-loop and haven’t got chance to run it, but the program loop is identical from another successfully run program . OK I will try not to writing  same I/O from different loop , why I did so because to stop fans when neither “Auto” nor “Manually” option is chosen (i.e. OFF condition) and at this stage I wanted to suppressed running condition of fans (even if wait to msec delay just starts counting) . ok I will try to do it differently.

Other thing is to avoid local and shared variable , yes I know I used a lot , and I really did not want it , but any trick to avoid this ? because in field point hard ware I have one 16-input DI-301 ,  one 8-input AI-100 , 2 8-channel RLY-421 relay out put modules. So there are lots of system status I have to monitor in the host program running on the host pc , and I have to generate alarm conditions depending on the temperatures or DI-301 values , that’s why I used shared and local variable , any tricks to avoid these variable or minimize atleast? This is my first project actually and I don’t have enough experience that’s why these silly problems are in my program.

You still have not replaced the "Wait mSec" vi with a sub vi that uses a timed loop.

Your mean I should not use timed-loop for calling VI and only sub VI should be timed loop?  , if I used a while loop can I write several time within the loop?

Error clusters definitely I have to insert  , but I thought in the beginning that once I will write this small program I should insert it. But I will do it  right away ,

I could not test my program because the system is already running and I could not get chance to try this program.

I can send you sub-VI (the complete project if u want , but I wanted you to check the way I wrote the program is close to standard ? or the priority loop that I set is ok?

Once again thanks for taking out time. I will try to change program according to yr recommendations ,  any further suggestions in order to make it proper?

Regards

Fayasoft

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,199 Views)

Hi Centrebolt ,

Would you please take a look  on the attached VI , Do you think so this one is better this time?

Other thing is If I have to transfer data from target (field point) to host VI , then to use shared variable should I insert another While loop with this one or I can use same while loop?  Or what would u recommend to transfer data?

Can u suggest? What would u pick for  deterministic loop in Reat time target  VI , use a  single  timed loop or use a normal while loop with sub-VI as timed loop?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,181 Views)
Sorry for delay in reply.  Use 2 parallel timed loops on your target.  There is a template in LabView for this design configuration.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,168 Views)

Hi Centrebolt ,

Thanks for reply. after i changed program according to your previous suggestions it is working better than before.

Thanks again

Fayasoft

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,159 Views)