FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system state & status led of cFP-2120

Hi all,

I'm currently having this problem of my software MAX 4.3 doesn't match with my hardware cFP-2120's information which is connected by ethernet cross cable. I need to detect my thermocouple device in my project, however, when I click for Find device under MAX remote system, it says that connection is broken or module not powered on. The system state of my device is "safe mode (software error), however, the status Led is blinking 4 times(unrevoerable error) instead of 3(safe mode) times. I've also check all the software under the remote system trees but there's nothing wrong. How do I solve the problem here? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,357 Views)
Hi!
   If it is an unrecoverable error, the module has to be sent to assistance for repair.  Under "unrecoverable error" condition, I suppose MAX is reliable no more.  The only thing you can do is to reset cFP-2120 IP, and restart configuration of module, or try to format module's internal memory (as stated in "cFP-21xx and cFP-BP-x User Manual" page A-2).

Anyway, what are the switch status during this problem? Is SWITCH7 ON?

Hope this can help!

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,355 Views)
Hi, thanks for the information.=) My switches are all at off position. May I know how long will I need to take if I follow the suggestions that you've mentioned? I'm only left with 2 days to settle the problem and let the device able to get detected by the program and proceed onto LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,351 Views)
Hi!
   I see your problem, but no one (on this earth) can do miracles.  If module is corrupted, there's nothing you can do. 

Anyway, sending module for repair, it should take about 20 days to have it back (but I don't know exact timing, it depends on local representatives, distance of repairing center,  which for EU should be in Hungary, and it may depend on bureaucracy...).

To reset the module, it should take 10 minutes (if module is not corrupted, of course).  That's what I'd try.

I'm sorry for that I cannot help you...

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,349 Views)
Hi, thanks for the suggestion and information. Can I ask, will plucking out of the connector block, cFP-CB-3 affects the running of the controller. Previously, our LabVIEW give us a zero degree celsius graph, and one of my people pluck the whole module up without switching off the main power. Hence may I know does it affect much? 😃
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,347 Views)
Hi!
   That I don't know.... I use my cFPs not connected to connector block, since I use tham mainly as embedded serial communication controllers.

Just a question, since you didn't actually said it: did you reset your device? (SWITCH8 ON, reboot, SWITCH 8 OFF, reboot)? Have you tried?

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,344 Views)
Yup, we've try both the reset and reboot of the controller. 😃
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,341 Views)
Hi!
   Unfortunately, I think there's not much more to do than to send module for repair...

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,339 Views)
Hi Shuyun,
If the status light on your controller is flashing 4 times then the flash is probably corrupted. You should be able to format it by right clicking on your controller in MAX and selecting format hard disk. You will have to reinstall the software after you format the controller. If that doesn't fix the problem then it might have to be returned for repair. Any problems with your modules are probably unrelated to the 4 flashes on the controller. I would worry about the controller first and then investigate the module problems.
Eric A.
National Instruments
Distributed I/O Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,300 Views)
Hi, thanks for all your help provided, my controller was really corrupted, and I've reinstall my software. Now it's already working.=) thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(7,283 Views)