FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scaling values for Fieldpoint

I am trying to scale 4-20 mA input signals in Fieldpoint. I am accessing the Fieldpoint I/O via a C# application using the .Net data sockets provided with Measurement Studio. I was told I could use Measurement & Automation Explorer. I have MAX 3.1 and Fieldpoint 4.1 installed. I also have the evaluation version of Measurement Studio installed. I am having 2 problems.

1. When creating scales in MAX, I cannot edit any of the fields. A developer I am working with can on their computer. The only difference is they have a licensed version of Measurement Studio. As this task does not use Measurement Studio, I can't see how that makes a difference.

2. I can't see how the scales are linked to the signals.

Any help would be appreciated, including telling me I am going about this all wrong. The C# application I am using doesn't currently do scaling internally so it would be a big benefit to have the scaling done on the I/O side.

Thanks,

MartyW
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,141 Views)
Marty,

The Scales in MAX are related to the NI-DAQ and DAQMx drivers. They do not work with FieldPoint. The NI-FieldPoint driver does not currently support scaling from the Engineering Units to user defined units. You will have to do the scaling yourself in your application.

Regards,
Aaron
Message 2 of 3
(3,136 Views)
Thanks. Not the answer I wanted but at least it is definitive.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,133 Views)