FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving .iak file

Hi,

I'm trying to save my .iak file in the MAX. After saving always getting annoying message:
"Your configurtation file has been saved. However item names were not downloaded to the following [cf]P-2xxx bank(s):

cFP4

Poossible reasons: bank(s) offline or with read-only access.
"

I have checked the settings in the MAX: bank has full access.  And in the Tools>>FieldPoint I have checked "Download item  names on Save"
I have read some .ini files in the cFP/NI-RT/SYSTEM directory: fpbank.ini had correct item names, but fpremote.ini had old configuration data. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Armen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(11,455 Views)

Hi Armen,

so when you have full access to fp folders i would recommend to reinstall your fieldpoint driver under www.ni.com/support

Have you try if the same happens when manually download item names by right click on fp modul ...

Best Regards

AE Munich (Germany)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(11,283 Views)
Another possibility is that you have e.g. fieldpoint version 4.0 on target and programm with fieldpoint 4.1 -> you must have the same versions on target as in host - please proof that
Message 3 of 11
(11,269 Views)
Negative. I have completely formated cFP disk, reinstalled software: so no chance to have different versions, and after all during saving get a same error. The funny things is that it works, i see correct configuration in the .ini file.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(11,087 Views)
So please tell me what you have installed new in what order - perhaps there is the problem ?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(11,074 Views)
Just for test I have installed all list:
  • DataSocket for LaabVIEW Real-Time 4.4
  • FieldPoint Drivers 5.2.0
  • FieldPoint VI Manager 4.1.0
  • LabVIEW PID Control Toolkit 8.2
  • LabVIEW Real-Time 8.2
  • Modbus I/O Server 1.2.0
  • Network Variable Engine 1.2.0
  • NI-IrDA RT 1.0.2
  • NI-Serial RT 3.2.0
  • NI-Simulation Interface Toolkit 3.0.2
  • NI-VISA 4.1
  • NI-Watchdog 2.1.5
  • Variable Client Support 1.2.0
I can't tell anything about order. If it's important where I can find documentation about order of installing software into the FieldPoint?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(11,062 Views)

Please look in my *.doc i attached here - there you see 2 screenshots of my MeasurementAutomationExplorer (MAX version 4.2.1)

When you click to your Fieldpoint Target - by me cfp 2020 or FP 2000 you can click in the middle to register card fieldpoint access control and proof if all is set to read/write with * for all ip addresses.

When is the same as by me and you have also set download item names on save under tools - fieldpoint settings in menu of MAX then you must install completely new your fieldpoint device because anything must be false (before you must uninstall all - best is to click on device in MAX and click to format disk...)

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(11,045 Views)

Hi Johann,

Thanks, I have found the mistake. There was another nonconnected bank, which has a same name. So MAX correctly reported about save problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(11,025 Views)

Amine, would you please explain how did you fix it ?

thnaks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,357 Views)
HocBen, it's hard to recall 8 years later how exactly I fixed the problem. Most probably I've deleted the nonexisting bank
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,295 Views)