From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving event data

I have been asked to produce a program for monitoring one of our products under test. I have done this in the past but now it is required that my program has some "intelligence" built in. Should an "event occur" I have been asked to supply data leading up to and including a period of time after the event, the amount of time is not yet determined but as the monitoring is only done at around 20Hz there would not be a vast amount of data to capture.
I have seen a similar request but this was using DAQ, am using fiedpoint modules, and therefore I am more limited with my VI's. I think that using shift registers and arrays may be the answer but am not sure how to do this.
I would like to hear from anyone with "any kind of solution" + maybe a Labview example that I could built out to suit my needs. ThanksSmiley Happy 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,269 Views)
Hello Gearman,

Could you give a little more detailed informations about you really want to do.
Have you already tried to write somethings under LabVIEW ? In case of yes, could you send it here in the forums. So we can have a look at your program and maybe modify it to meet your requirement...

Please keep us inform,

Julien Roland - District Sales Manager
NI Belgium - Technical Support

Don't forget to rate a good answer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,204 Views)

Gearman,

Maybe you could send the DAQ example you found so we can try to help you to modify it?? Or maybe your problem is solved?

Keep us in touch!

Julien Roland - District Sales Manager
NI Belgium - Technical Support

Don't forget to rate a good answer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,118 Views)