cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about labview block diagram

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm working on labview with fieldpoint modules. Why can't I connect the FieldPoint IO Point Constant directly to the FP Read (Polymorphic)? It says "I connected 2 terminals of different types". But somehow I found some manuals on NI which said these 2 items could actually be connected. I use Labview 7.1.

Regards,

Nicky

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,494 Views)
Are to tell without actually seeing a screenshot, or better yet, a copy of your VI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,485 Views)

1.jpg

Hi Ravens,

The attached image is the problem i have.  I suppose this couldn't be happen since I use the ver.7.1. Hope you can gimme an idea.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,472 Views)

That Fieldpoint Icon looks different from the one I'm used to seeing.  Unfortunately, my PC that has 7.1 on it isn't running anymore, so I can't check that far back.

The error tells you something about what it is looking for (cluster of 2 elements).  Turn on context help for the Fieldpoint function.  Delete the broken wire and right click on the connector input and select Create Constant.  With either of those, you should be able to find out some information as to what is required in that "cluster of 2 elements".

Here is what mine looks like.  I am curious to know where you got your Fieldpoint function from.  Is it from an older version of LabVIEW than 7.1?

What version of Windows are you using?  The font that is showing up on your block diagram looks oddly blocky.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 05-10-2010 03:56 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,467 Views)
The fieldpoint function is from the new version of Labview7.1. And i'm using Win xp SP2.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,460 Views)

Hello Nicky,

what do you see if you just rightclick the input and choose create => constant. I don't have it installed either.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,434 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicky87
Thanks to all of you. I have solved this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,430 Views)
Please tell us what you did to solve the problem.  That way if someone searches in the future with a similar problem, your solution may help them.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,426 Views)
well, the solution is quite simple. I just install the entire labview again. I suppose my fieldpoint was a low version before.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,368 Views)