FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programatically (via labview) seting power-up states on cFP

Can I programatically (via labview) set the power-up states of my compact Fieldpoint AO and DO channels?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,754 Views)

Hello Taycar,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments!  I have looked into your question and I believe that I have found some documentation that may assist you.  Please look through this Knowledgebase article as it should help get you started in the right direction.  There are also some links to a few tutorials at the end of the article that may be of interest.  If you have any questions after reading through this material please just post them here.  I hope this helps!  Have a great day! 

Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,733 Views)

These links still don't address changing the power-up state settings programattically. I want to be able to set the power-up states from within my Labview program. All of these links refer to making changes through MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,725 Views)

Hi,

Sorry to report that you cannot set your startup states programatically. If you tell us more about what you would like to accomplish we might be able to find a work around. 

Eric A.
National Instruments
Distributed I/O Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,711 Views)

Taycar,

Search for a document called "Using Advanced DataSocket Commands with FieldPoint Ethernet Network Modules".  There is a Snapshot command that will allow you to set the current values (along with ranges, attributes) as the power-up state for a bank.  I'm not sure why someone from NI would tell you that there isn't a way to do it?  One caveat, it seems that you must wire the url directly into the DS write for the commands to work.  It doesn't work if you Open a reference, Write and close (I am about to post a question as to why that is)

Brian

Brian Gangloff
DataAct Incorporated
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,681 Views)

Here's the link: Using Advanced DataSocket Commands with FieldPoint Ethernet Network Modules

Snapshot Command
The Snapshot Command part of a URL provides you with a single-step method for saving all of the current settings, such as ranges, attributes, and current output data values, as the power-up state for the bank. When 1 is written to the Snapshot Command, all modules in the bank store their current channel outputs as the power-up outputs. The Snapshot Command part of a URL has the following format:

\\machine\FP\Control\Snapshot

Brian Gangloff
DataAct Incorporated
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,660 Views)