From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems configuring fp 2000

And when i try installation with explorer 3.0 messege is -can't initialize remote device!
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,645 Views)

Hi YASEN,

Let me make sure that I am understanding your situation correctly, you receive a timeout error when you are attempting to add/or remove software.  Is this correct?

If I have misunderstood, can you please clarify and include a screen shot of the error you are receiving?

Also, can you please give me a screen shot of all the software you have installed on your host?   Make sure to highlight FieldPoint so I can see what version of the FieldPoint driver you have installed.  Also expand the version of LabVIEW you are using.  I'd like a screen shot similar to the one shown below.

If you are able to see the add/or remove software list before the time out, please include a screen shot of that as well.

Message Edited by cphuong on 05-14-2007 10:21 AM

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,630 Views)

Yasen,

Could you please specify the OS of your PC?
From your problem description it sounds like you downloaded the following driver
FieldPoint Explorer Version 3.0.2 for Windows 2000/98 J/98/ME/NT/XP
http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/F6B2BA037DE6800986256C670054D93D?opendocument&node=13207...

Could you please verify this?
Here you can see all the available FieldPoint drivers
http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/webcategories/85256410006C055586256BBB002C0E2D?opendocument&node=1...

If you are using Windows XP/2000, then we'll be able to recommend a newer version of MAX and FieldPoint to work with LabVIEW 6i.

The error message that you are getting might suggest a corrupt flash card. Do you remember interrupting the upgrade process? We can still try to fix the problem by using newer versions of MAX and FieldPoint.

By the way, there will be a LabVIEW Hands-On seminar in Sofia on May 30 and 31. It is a collaboration between NI and the official distributor for Bulgaria - Metrisys LTD. It will be a pleasure to meet you there in person. For more information, please send an email to ni@metrisys.bg

Best regards,

Message Edited by Kalin T on 05-14-2007 11:51 AM

Kalin T.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,622 Views)
Hi YASEN,

One other thing to try is to take a look at this KnowledgeBase Article, which describes how to resolve the Error 56 issue when trying to Add/Remove Software from a real-time target.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,613 Views)