FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

polling fieldpoint, is therer a better way?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have inherited an old project, and concluded that the antiquated software needs to be rewritten partly due to what appeared in the bad code thread and partly due to major alterations. The task has moved up my to-do list and now I need to tackle this beast.

The rig has 7 input modules and 5 output modules. In order to keep the rig safe there are a number of inputs which need to be monitored, and there are also a number of noisy inputs which need to be filtered and averaged to give a smoother signal. 

In short, my normal approach with a USB DAQ device would be to over-sample (upto 100 Hz) into a buffer and average/process readings as necessary.

However, I have not used a fieldpoint bank of this size before, and I have only found VIs which poll the fieldpint banks:

FP.png

Is there a way for me to buffer the fieldpoint, or a way to poll them all at once? 

(6,529 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yenknip

Ed,

Reading an entire module at one time is about as good as it gets. The FP WriteRead (Polymorphic).vi is rumored by NI to be the most efficient way to read/write to FP modules. 

Many of these modules have some configurable filtering built in.  Just remember that the overall update rate of the module will vary depending on which filtering options are selected.

Message 2 of 3
(6,494 Views)

You could also build them into an array and then use a For loop with autoindexing?

-Brian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,155 Views)