FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listen on two ports on one cFP

I have an application that uses TCP for communication.  I attempt to listen to two ports at one time, but one of the ports will never seems to operate correctly.  I have seen a similar problem before when trying to have one application communicate on two ports at once on a cFP.  I know this is not a standard way to establish TCP communication, but is it possible to communicate, using TCP, on two different ports on the cFP in the same application?  I'm starting to think that this is not possible on a cFP, although it works on a PC.

Thanks,
Jo-Jo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,400 Views)
Hello Jo-Jo,
What c(FP) controller module that you are using? As fas as I know, National Instruments don't have dual TCP port in their controllers. Is it possible that you were trying to use one of the RS232/485 that comes with RJ-45 connector?

Regards.
- Meadow -
LabVIEW 7.0 - 2011, Vision, RT, FPGA
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,394 Views)
Meadow,

I am using one Ethernet cable, but listening on two ports in memory.  Do you know what I mean?  Is this possible?

Regards,
Jo-Jo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,363 Views)
Hi Jo-Jo,

I was able to communicate through two ports using TCP with the TCP Communication - Active.vi and TCP Communication - Passive.vi NI Example Finder VIs.

The two ports I communicated across were 6341 and 6342. My Active VIs were on the host computer while the Passive VIs were on the cFP controller.

Are you doing something different with your program? It's entirely possible to do, so there appears to be something in your program that is not allowing this communication.

Michael K. | Applications Engineering | National Instruments

| Michael K | Project Manager | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments |

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,341 Views)