FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorect CFP 2020 timestamp

Hi,

My cFP 2020 is giving incorrect timestamps and all the results obtained are dated back to 1973. The cFP 2020 is connected to an ethernet box and so is the host computer. I have tried changing the time server in MAX to match the host computer instead of the ethernet box but still to no avail. The timezone in system settings have also been changed to the correct settings. The VI's that are not connected to the cFP gives the correct date and time strings but once its connected to the CFP then it will get backdated. Even now I can run tests with the VI's giving the correct filename (with current date and timestamp) but the results in .lvm are still backdated. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,889 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,845 Views)

And this?

and this kb

Message Edited by muks on 09-08-2009 04:10 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,844 Views)

Hi,

I did see this one and partially attempted to check my timeserver via ftp and the mrwtime.vi. I have taken a look at the VI but I am still unsure what to do with the given VI. It is a bit complicated for me to understand since I am new to LabView. Another thing is that I think the problem lies not with the LabView since in my VI, the timestamp that is connected to the Fieldpoint itself that gives the incorrect date and time whereas the filename - automatically written by Labview gives the current date and time. 

I have also tried correcting the time server and a few suggested ideas (from the NI website) but to no avail. Any other suggestion? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,840 Views)

Hi,

I've seen the first one but didn't think that it applies to my case since I'm not using any get date/time.vi. I tried the 2nd one as well but it still didn't work.

Tq.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,839 Views)
In addition to this, I have also tried this (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9926C6EC966DAC558625704900612D68?OpenDocument) as suggested by NI but again to no avail.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,832 Views)

Hello Margeena, you say in an earlier post that you are not using any get date/time.vi's in that case then the time stamps are the default value as you need to set the value of each sample programmatically using this function as the example attached shows.

I am also the AE that is dealing with your email SR so you are welcome to reply through ether method.

Regards,

Philip

Philip
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
UK Branch

===If this fixes your problem, mark as solution!===
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,798 Views)

Hi Philip,

I could not open this VI since it is in the newer version of LabView. The labview that I'm currently using is the 7.1 version. Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,625 Views)
Easiest is to look at the screenshot.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,619 Views)