From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to write temperature data into my compact flash card?

Hi all, I've read some information about the compact flash card, quite a few of them say that if I want the data to be save in the external memory of compact flash card, I would have to write to D drive instead of C drive. However, what are the steps I can do to write it into my D drive? Is it that I must do something to my VI before I can save the data? Thanks. 😃
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,470 Views)

You would still need to use the same functions as if you were reading and writing to a hard drive.  You would just have your file path point to d:\ instead of c:\.

I would recommend that you use a producer/consumer architecture and have the data written to the compactg flash card in larger chunks rather than a point at a time.  This will save some wear and tear on the card which has a finite number of write cycles in its life.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,463 Views)
Erm, sorry what do you mean by some functions? So what steps can I do to make it write into the card? Thanks. 😃
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,457 Views)
The functions on the file I/O pallette.  There are functions for opening, writing, reading, and closing files.  You may want to look in the example finder to find examples for reading and writing to files.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,450 Views)