FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get the configuration of a bank (not with FP get configuration info)?

Hi everybody!

I need my fieldPoint application to be able to check for the filedpoint structure, that is I want my application
to return the number of FP nodes, and for each node how many FP IO modules are connected, and of which
type. 

I'd like not to use "FP get configuration info",  which is based on locating the .iak file.  I have my .iak file
correctly generated, but I do not want to use it. 

At the end, I'd like to have a variable configuration, and when I change module order and number, I don't want
to re-generate a .iak file, (because I don't want to use MAX... ).

Should I query my modules until I reach an error?......

graziano

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,250 Views)
Graziano,

What kind of FieldPoint controller do you have?  If you're using Serial ones, you can use the Optomux commands to query this info'.   Refer to the "FieldPoint Programmer's Reference Manual" for info'.  I do not know how we can query this for Ethernet-based controllers.

-Khalid
Message 2 of 5
(3,251 Views)
First of all, thanks, Khalid!

I want to use the COM port. I gave a look to the "Find FP-100x example", based on optomux commands, and I found it very interesting, to my purpose. But I have some questions about it.

First of all, in the example I have to provide explicitly an address (the fp1001 address, 0x0 for me), so I should build a loop, in which I scan all possible addresses (that is 0, 10, 20,... ) which generate many errors, in normal conditions.

After this, in the example I get a Module ID, which is:

FP1001 -----> ID: 2
   FP-DI-301 --> ID 105
   FP-DO-401 --> ID 106
   FP-DI-301 --> ID 105
   FP-DO-401 --> ID 106.

The list actually matches the order of my FP chain, but I'd like to know if  these IDs are given to the modules when they're configured for the first time in MAX, or are set in HW?

Thanks!

graziano

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,246 Views)
Graziano,

The ID number of each module is set in hardware at the factory. The ID# is unique for each type of module (e.g. FP-DI-301). Thus, as seen in your example, both FP-DO-401's report ID 0x0106.

Regards,
Aaron
Message 4 of 5
(3,236 Views)
Thank you people!

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,226 Views)