FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to embed front panel in FP-2010

hi

1. is FP-2010 support "front panel embedding"?
2. if yes then how?

regards
mazhar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,409 Views)

Hello Mazhar,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.  If I understand your question correctly you would like to know how to utilize front panel communication on a Fieldpoint 2010.  If you are just trying to view the Front Panel of your Fieldpoint VI on your development computer then you should be able to open up the front panel on the development computer and see it running.  However, if you are trying to communicate the information from the front panel to a non-development machine there are a few different methods.  Here is a knowledgebase article that explains some of the different methods that you can use.  Here is some more information about setting up a remote front panel for a Real-Time target executable that also may assist you.  Please let me know if you have any further questions or if it seems that I do not fully understand your question.  I hope this helps!

Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(6,393 Views)
thanx Bob H

i hav view the front pannel of vi running on fp as start up using the same method as u reffered

now my problem is that i have a vi which uses  sub panel in sub panel i opened another vi when i run my code on my pc it works but when i
try to make this code as start up of fp the error occured the Real Time cant support vi's with sub panel so it will not download
i ask is there any other method by which i can do this

regards
mazhar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,379 Views)
Hello Mazhar,

I just want to clarify a few things.  Is there a reason why you want to use the sub panel?  This Front Panel Communication that you are using is only used for development purposes.  The best way to create a user interface for a Fieldpoint program would be to use shared variables, TCP/IP, or VI Server.  This user interface that you create will support the sub panel that you are trying to implement.  This would be the ideal situation to create the exact user interface required by your solution.  Here is a link that will help describe some of your options for communication.  I hope this information helps!
Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 5
(6,365 Views)
thanx Bob_H

let me chek

regards
mazhar
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5