FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to detect fieldpoint in ethernet

Hi All,
I want some code  to auto-detect  any new fieldpoints were added into ethernet . If so, the program could find the FP device and allow user to configure it. Just like Measurement & Automation's function. But I want to implement it in my code.  Is it possible? Appreciate your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,418 Views)

To my knowledge, it may be "mission impossible". 

The following link gives help about how to reset FPoint modules programatically.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=110&message.id=1946&requireLogin=False

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,401 Views)
Optomux is for serial devices, not ethernet...
Finding the devices is possible with "RT Ping Controllers.vi", look in the "Real-Time VIs/Real-Time Utilities" palette, and there's a VI for rebooting too.
As for configuring items like MAX, yes it's quite an impossible mission, you can do a little with the "NI measurements/Fieldpoint/Advanced/Ethernet Config" palette, but in my experience any configuration made with those VIs is volatile.
Note: i'm using 7.1, your palette structure may be different!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,391 Views)

When using the "RT Ping Controllers.vi," does the IP address output return the subnet mask and gateway set up on the Fieldpoint as well? If not, is there another function which will return these settings? Ideally I would like the Fieldpoint to read its own information (like using the above VI with the [FALSE][127.0.0.1] address input), as the cFP-2120 is running headless in this application. I have access to the real time library if that is necessary.

Thanks,

Mello

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,063 Views)

Mello,

RT Ping Controllers.vi does not return subnet mask and gateway info.  Text file named ni-rt.ini stored at the root on the cFP contains these TCP settings.

Message 5 of 6
(5,057 Views)
Grand, thanks Centerbolt! I'll use a config file read or text search to find it then.

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,052 Views)