From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heaters synchronizing

Solved!
Go to solution

I checked againg then I see that this is not the reason. I changed C and D but stil one of them is not working always. Heater output is also the same.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(3,302 Views)

Then all I can suggest is that you use the debugging tools you have at hand.  Put probes on wires and create extra indicators so that you can see what data is flowing in each of the wires.

Use NI-Spy so that you can see how the communication is going between NI-VISA and the instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(3,298 Views)

Hi Fan,

I checked and I had this error 0xBFFF0015 , I checked that it is related to timeup. But I don't know how to solve!!.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(3,284 Views)

Hi,

That sounds like it is a VISA timeout error. Where is this error occurring? Is it occurring in a VISA open? VISA read? VISA write?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(3,256 Views)

Hi PaulRB,

while reading I guess. I am using driver of ls336.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(3,246 Views)

Hi,

Can you narrow down the error further than that? Where exactly is the error occurring? You might want to try running a simpler example to help you narrow down the problem. Try running the example "Basic Serial Write and Read.vi" from the NI Example Finder. Then, write commands to your device and see if you get a response. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(3,211 Views)

Dear PaulRB,

I have cheked. The problem is related to parallel programming I guess. I am trying to control 2 heaters simultaneously. I added vi, there are two options in Output control loop, 1 and 2.

1 is controlling heater output 1, means first heater control,

2 is controlling heater output 2, means first heater control..

One of them gives error.. sometimes output 1, sometimes output 2... seperatelly both are ok with writing and reading. Howver, when I use this "Highlight Execution" button -sometimes- everything is working nice, but the end againg there is error I attached.

error sims to belongs to diff error but actually I changed the name...

Best.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(3,209 Views)

Hi,

I still think you should heed the advice given to you earlier in the thread and change the architecture of your program. Instead of running this code in parallel, you should rewrite it to run sequentially. Better yet, if you have another serial port, you can run it in parallel using both serial ports.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(3,185 Views)