FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gsm modem with compact field point

Hi,

I need to acquire and send data via ftp using a Compact Field Point (there no possibility to use a lan connection or a phone line). I think a possible solution is the use of a GSM modem. Is it possible to connect the CFP to a service provider and access it via ftp (or web server)?

thank you,
paolo.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,883 Views)
Hi,
take a look at this link:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niaa.ind_pro_view?p_all_id=2081&p_display_all_id=6954

This alliance member developed a complete set of VI to manage gsm connection. (And it works in RT targets too!!)

I belive that when you establish a gsm/phone connection to any internet service provider you can access the network as you usually do, using any resource you need (ftp, web ...)
Message 2 of 4
(3,882 Views)
I've just call them. They confirm me it works with LabVIEW RT on compact fieldpoint.
thanks a lot.
paolo.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,882 Views)

@Paolo Squillari wrote:
Hi,

I need to acquire and send data via ftp using a Compact Field Point (there no possibility to use a lan connection or a phone line). I think a possible solution is the use of a GSM modem. Is it possible to connect the CFP to a service provider and access it via ftp (or web server)?

thank you,
paolo.

Hello Paolo

I have recently been faced with a similar situation. We have a cFP that is in a remote location and being used to log data and control a vacuum system. We also considered the GSM tool box suggested above, but found that it would be too expensive for the actual functionality we required of it.

Insted we have written our own vi's to send GPRS email etc.

If you need help regarding the proceedure etc just ask

Jan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,763 Views)