FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftp access to D:\ (compact flash)

Hi, i would like to know if there is a way to reconfigure the ftp server on a cFP-2020.
At the moment the ftp server just allows anonymous access to the systemroot (C:\).
I have a 1Gb IBM Microdrive in the CF slot on which to store the data that is being logged. I wish to access this via FTP.
I would also like to set up user access on the ftp server, but this is of secondary concern.

Could someone please provide a solution.

Thanks in advance.
James
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,802 Views)
Hi James,

It's Pete from NIUK Tech. Support department here. I have been looking into this problem for you. Unfortunetly I can't find any way to reconfigure the FTP server on a compact fieldpoint unit.

The only chance you have is to find an option in the NI-RT.ini file on your unit and change that. I have had a look in this file on our office fieldpoint unit and can't find such an option.

I have found a couple of links that you may find interesting if you haven't already seen them. I have pasted these below.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/EF2C5AE37FE3672186256C3D005489A0?OpenDocument

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/CE87CAF65D7DC07286256B4A006F9641?opendocument

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. If you have any fur
ther questions regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Best regards,

Peter H.
Applications Engineer.
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,802 Views)
James,

If I recall correctly, starting with LabVIEW 7.0, NI-FieldPoint 4.0, and the linked version of Measurement & Automation Explorer (3.0 I think), NI started including an FTP server with Measurement & Automation Explorer. The reason behind the inclusion was the fact that most FTP servers will not support multiple drives and NI needed a way to support it for the PXI-RT and FieldPoint-RT controllers. Personally, I have not used that FTP server, so I can not provide directions on using it.

Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,802 Views)
Thanks to both of you for the info.
I cant find any options in the ini file either.
In fact i cant find any options for the ftp server anywhere at all.
It just seems to work by default.
Is it linked to the webserver or what?
I would like to find a way to limit or deny access, as a full rights anonymous ftp deamon is a security risk. But i still want to use the webserver.
Short of filtering out port 21 externally on a router, any ideas?
If i knew what software it was using it would help. IIS, apache or some other ni thing?

Regards
James
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,802 Views)
With LabView 6.1 it really has worked. Now I Have updated the Software and have the same Problem.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,802 Views)
I thought i would answer my own question.
I discovered the answer by chance and thought others would like to know how it is done.

Connect to the fieldpoint ftp but add the drive letter, and a colon. eg.

ftp://192.168.0.1/d:/

this will display the compact flash in a cFP-2020
It has worked in all ftp programs i have tried (eg IE)
No need to use ni's ftp client.

ftp://192.168.0.1/c:/
also works but is the same as ftp root:
ftp://192.168.0.1/

Hope this helps someone else.

If anyone knows how to set up users and password permissions on the FP FTP i would still like to do that.

Thanks,

James
Message 6 of 6
(3,802 Views)