FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fp read generates no error and fp close hangs

We have an LV6.1/FP3.01 system that uses cisco aironet 350 802.11b wireless ethernet. There is 1 FP1600, and 5 FP-TC-120's. It uses solar charged batteries, and due to weather the batteries have been running low. We have seen that starting from a functional fully powered system, as power fails (or we find if the power plug is pulled) to both the FP and cisco350, we get some strange behaviour. The cisco350 loses association (predictable) and the Win2000 network indicator shows a fail. FP explorer will indicate an "Unable to Connect..." error. LV FP Read will flatline the last good value and does NOT return an error. We hit the stop button to terminate the read loop and it does stop the loop. The next step is FP Close which ha
ngs in an apparently infinite loop. None of the LV stop mechanisms will stop the FP Close, and it is necessary to use Task Manager to terminate the LV process. It appears it may be necessary to implement a "no change" test on the FP Read values in the absence of FP errors. Any insights available?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,877 Views)
I have no idea where "What the HEck" came from as my ID, but I am Jim Henderson
email henderjr@songs.sce.com
sorry. I will fix my profile.
jim
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,877 Views)