FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

floating point vulnerability - determine affected target

Hello all,

I have a deployed system that uses a cRIO 9074. I do not have easy access to the system myself (off-site on a closed network). I can ask somebody to use MAX or FTP to get information I need but I would need pretty clear instructions to give them.

Here is the problem - NI published an advisory on "Floating Point Vulnerability" with certain targets(http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5EDC7257492EEE5A862576740075795E). The LV RT with patch "f2" solves the issue but in this particular instance I do not know if the software on the target was installed before or after I updated the RT to the f2 patch (it was right around that time!). As such, I would like a way to find out exactly what is on the target.

It is relatively straightforward to get MAX to report on what version of RT the target is running but I'm not sure if it will report the patch. Will MAX give this information? If not, is there a file on the target that I can tease this info out of?

There are several things I can try on my own but if anybody has the exact answer that would be very much appreciated and would save a lot of trial and error over email.

Very best,

-Jeff

- Jolt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,522 Views)

Didn't realize this was going onto the FieldPoint board - not where I think it should be.

Moved to LabVIEW general.

Thanks,

- Jolt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,513 Views)