FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fieldpoint output to Word Template

All:

Need some help. I currently have a VI where 3 4-20 mA signals are being read from CFP 110 AI card into a CFP 180 via fieldpoint express and then converted using a slope equation into a number. THis number gets a graphical output, a waveform output and a little box with the number. The final thing I need to do with this is export this value into a word template with a bunch of other stuff the operator inputs. Everything works with the exception of the final step. When I trigger the report writer, the only boxes that don't get written are the dynamic data boxes coming from the FP express vi's. WHen I probe the wire, there is data coming down the line, but it doens't seem to populate the template. I treied converting from dynamic to dble, that didn't do anything, you can see that wire in the picture above. This entire process is enlosed in a while loop. Any thoughts?

THanks for any help.
Sig. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,347 Views)

Try converting the dynamic waveforms to a double array just like in the mini Express VI that is sitting right above the nitrous fumes control.  My guess it that Report Express VI doesn't know how to convert the data from a Dynamic signal.

By the way, you have the word "Appearance" spelled wrong in the boolean control and the Report Express VI.  Correct spelling makes the program appear more professional.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 4
(6,340 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I will give it a shot today and tell you how it works. Thank you also for the spelling! I have to find the spell check button for my VI's.

Cheers;
SIg.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,335 Views)

Dear Ravens Fan:

Quick reply, the signal did require conversion from dynamic to single scalar, and the word template vi worked like a charm. WIthout the converision to single scalar, the vi was trying to put all of the other data into random boxes all over the template.

THanks for the help.

Sig.

Message 4 of 4
(6,269 Views)