FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field point

Hi vijay,

to perform a loopback test on the RS232 port of you PC, simply connect pin 2 and 3 with a wire (as shown in the picture) and then use one of the software explained in the document.

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(3,622 Views)

Respected Licia,

Thank you very much, I have connected pins 2 and 3 to perform a loopback test on the RS232 port to PC.

I tryed through performing loopback test through MAX, i cannot get serial and parallel under device and interface to follow.

I just click find device in MAX under device and interfaces, i received this command as "an unknown internal condition has occured, possible cause unrecoverable operating system error".

Kindly help me to proceed.

Thanking You

Yours friendly

vijay

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(3,621 Views)

Hi Vijay,

so you cannot see Serial and Parallel item under Devices and Interfaces in MAX?

Does the error occur when you right-click FP@COM1 item added under Devices and Interfaces and select "Find Devices"?

Try to reboot the FP-1000.

Is the status LED of FP-1000 off or is it blinking?

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(3,618 Views)

Respected Licia,

Thank you very much, I had uninstall Fieldpoint 6.0.10 and again install Fieldpoint 6.0.10.

I click FP @ COM5 under MAX under device and interfaces and click find device, The error result was not received.

but this time also i cannot get serial and parallel under device and interface.

Is the status LED of FP-1000 off or is it blinking?

The status of LED of FP-1000 is on continously by green colour. but now LED colour of NETWORK is orange before it shows green colour.

Kindly help me to proceed further. 

I am onceagain thanking You very much for your timing help.

Yours friendly
vijay

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(3,609 Views)

Hi Vijay,

I'm sorry but I don't know if I have clearly understood your situation.

1) Try to delete FP@COM5 and try to redetect the system by right-clicking on Devices and Interfaces >> Create New >> FieldPoint Serial. Select the COM port to which you have connected the FP-1000, the correct baud rate (as set with the FP-1000 switches) and check option to "Auto-detect modules". Does the timeout error still occurs?

2) The item "Serial and Parallel" to perform a loopback test on the RS-232 port of your PC should be directly under Devices and Interfaces, not under FP@COM5, as shown in attached screenshot: isn't it there?

3) Status LED always on and not blinking means that initialization failed, as explained here.

This is the meaning of NETWORK LED:

The network led can act in four ways.  The first two are normal, the second two indicate that there is something wrong.

1. The LED is off.There is no communication on the network.  As long as no values are being monitored this does not indicate an error.  If channels are read or written from a program or from Fieldpoint Explorer, it indicates that nothing is being sent.
  2. The LED flickers.  The LED never becomes entirely lit, but flickers rapidly on and off.When something is sent the LED will flicker on and off rapidly.  The LED will flicker even if it is not being addressed.
  3. The LED is on and has a solid strong color.This indicates that there is a hardware error.  Either the serial card is not working properly or the cables are not wired correctly.  One example would be if the TX+ (of the serial card or FP-1000) is wired to RX- (on the FP-1001) instead of RX+ and TX- to RX+ instead of RX-.
  4. The LED is mostly on, but has a faint flicker.  The flicker in this case may be very hard to see. When the serial card is working properly, but the wires are wired wrong as described in case 3 then the LED will have a faint flicker when there is network traffic.  It is almost impossible to see.

Please confirm the exact status of the Network LED and perform the steps in my point 1).

Did you try to connect the FP-1000 to another computer?

If you confirm it is an hardware problem caused by a faulty FP-1000, you need to call your local National Instruments Technical Support to send the FP-1000 to repair.

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(3,604 Views)

Respected Licia,

Thank you very much,

1) Try to delete FP@COM5 and try to redetect the system by right-clicking on Devices and Interfaces >> Create New >> FieldPoint Serial. Select the COM port to which you have connected the FP-1000, the correct baud rate (as set with the FP-1000 switches) and check option to "Auto-detect modules". Does the timeout error still occurs?

Ans:

I delete FP COM 5 and follow your instruction under Device and Interfaces >> Create New >> FieldPoint Serial, after that i confirmed that COM 5 port is working. The baudr rate is already indicates there 115200, Time out 250 ms.
I am unable to find Auto-detect modules to checck the time out error.

2) The item "Serial and Parallel" to perform a loopback test on the RS-232 port of your PC should be directly under Devices and Interfaces, not under FP@COM5, as shown in attached screenshot: isn't it there?

Ans: "Serial and Parallel" is not under Devices and Interfaces

3) Status of network LED

In normal conditions

network LED is off.
Power LED is solid green
Access LED is off
Status LED is Off

When i connect pins 2 and 3 to carried out loopback test,

network LED is solid yellow colour
Power LED is solid green
Access LED is off
Status LED is Off

Did you try to connect the FP-1000 to another computer?

Ans: I now try with my old computer windows 95 version and LabVIEW 5.1 is already installed, which is originally connect to instrument.
If i click Device and interfaces under MAX, "Serial and Parallel" is not showing under Devices and Interfaces,

But i noticed GPIB Interface not found. and the staus of LED in normal conditions is shown below:
network LED is off.
Power LED is solid green
Access LED is off
Status LED is Off,

If i click Field explorer version 1.6, IA server with PC, i noticed Field point iak operation was successful. If i click field point green run button and red stop is indicated.

I am waiting from your suggestion to proceed further.

Thnaking You

Yours friendly
Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(3,597 Views)

Respected Licia,

Following my previous mail today,

I again try with my old computer, windows 95 version and LabVIEW 5.1 which is originally connect to instrument.

I double click Field point Explorer sc03rudi.iak   , and make it run, then i noticed LED light

Power LED is solid green

network LED is blinking with yellow colour
Access LED is solid yellow colour
Status LED is Off,

service nameField point

Status - IAK Operation was successful

I also receive one mesage as Fieldpoint explorer has caused a stack fault in module Fieldpoint explorer explorer.EXE in 

0137:00406914.

I am waiting your help to proceed further.

Thanking You

Yours friendly
Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(3,586 Views)

Respected Licia,

I follow Field point manual regarding to confgure Field point system,

1. Field point system is powered on

Ans: Yes, Field point system is powered on

2. Input / output module - Ready LEDS is LIT

ANS: Yes, input / output module - Ready LEDS is LIT 

I try with windows 95 version and LabVIEW 5.1 

I double click Field point Explorer sc03rudi.iak   , and click Find, Device,

then i noticed LED light status

Power LED is solid green

network LED is blinking with yellow colour
Access LED is off
Status LED is Off,

service name - Field point

Status - IAK Operation was successful

From the common resource configuration window, shows

The default name of the COM Port is FP Res,

Default Port is COM1

Default Baud rate  is 115200

Timeout (msec) 200

From the Field point manual,  I noticed for the reason if No device were found, check

1. Field point Hardware is powered on

2. Switch settings for baud rate match settings of network modules

3. No two network modules on same communication port have same address switch settings

4. Check selected COM port to which you have entered

The point No 1 and 4 is working for me but i do not know to prceed step 2 and 3.

I would kindly request you to proceed me..

Thanking You

Yours friendly
Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(3,577 Views)

Respected Licia,

Follwing my mails, 

In windows 95 version and LabVIEW 5.1 

GPIB software 1.30

IN MAX under Device and manager I noticed GPIB interface not found

I would kindly request you to help regarding communication of GPIB instruments via MAX

Thanking You

Yours friendly

Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(3,573 Views)

Respected Licia,

I installed Labview 2011, I confirmed FP 1000 configure in MAX, I also noticed serial and parrllel under device and interface in MAX.

COM Port 3 is found serial and parrallel.   Device status : This device is working properly.

I connect RS232 port to USB device to connect laptop. I am unable to see USB under device and interface in MAX.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

We are also using Labview 5.1 for our instrument operating in windows 95 version.
National Instrument GPIB software 1.30 were used.

So i also installed NI-488.2 drivers software and noticed under device and interface in MAX

Is i need GPIBO (PCI-GPIB)  to communicate with my instrument in labview 2011?

I would kindly request you to please help me.

Thanking You

Yours faithfully

M. Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(3,549 Views)