From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field point

Respected Sir,

My name vijay mani, working as a researcher in bologna university.

I am new learner of Labview software.

We are using Labview 5.1 for our instrument.

while running lab view 5.1 program for temperature measurement, I received one command

connection to the acquisition board was not found
continued with predefined values or stop program

I also checked by removing RS 232 from the computer, after that also i received same command.

I would kindly ask your help to solve our probelm.

we are using National instruments microprocessor FP-1000 Field point RS-232/RS-485

Now we also installed Labview 11.0.

I would kindly request you please tel  me to run our instrument in labview 11.0.

I also noticed one command, if i want to switch from labview 5.1 to labview 11.0, i should consider this point

Install the latest version of software field point of version 11.0 and you must also update the firmware of the field point via software (see maximum care to avoid power failure at the field point when you are doing this operation).

Thanking You

Yours friendly
M. Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(7,341 Views)

Hi Vijay,

if you would like to use your FP-1000 in LabVIEW 2011, you need to upgrade NI-FieldPoint drivers in order to add support for LabVIEW 2011.

You can download the last version here.

Installing the driver also installs Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) software, where you can configure the FP system.

From there, you can also check FP-1000 revision, as shown here.

The last firmware version for FP-1000 is 3.0: you can found it here.

I hope this will help!

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(7,329 Views)

Respected Sir,

Thank you vrey much from your kind help.

From your instruction, I have downloaded FP-1000 Drivers and installed.

the FP-1000 has been configured in MAX and noticed entry similar to FP @ COM1,

After that i left-click on FP-1000 @0 Bank. where i am unable to locate the firmware version for the FP-100 as  shown by your Figure 1.  (Firmware Rev 0030).

I also downloaded the last firmware version for FP-1000 (3.0) from your file, while installing, i am unable to find firmware file name for downloading.

If i click Find device  it indicates as

The connection to remote device timed out.

I am completely new to this field, i am kindly request you to please help me to proceed further.

Thanking You

Yours faithfully

M. Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(7,311 Views)

Respected Sir,

LiciaP

if you would like to use your FP-1000 in LabVIEW 2011, you need to upgrade NI-FieldPoint drivers in order to add support for LabVIEW 2011.
You can download the last version here.

Vijay

I downloaded the latest version, during installing, i received Installation Summary as No software will be installed or removed.

I would kindly request you to help me to proceed further.

Thanking You

Yours faithfully

M. Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(7,295 Views)

Hi Vijay,

probably you had already installed the last FieldPoint driver version on your PC: you can check in MAX under Software the version you had installed.

What are the various LEDs of FP-1000 and modules doing?

Try to check for any bent pin on the FP modules and terminal blocks. Try to unplug all the modules and plug to FP-1000 only one of them at time and try to find devices: does the error still occur?

You can also check the PC RS232 port functionality performing a loopback test.

I hope this helps.

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(7,287 Views)

Respected Licia,

probably you had already installed the last FieldPoint driver version on your PC: you can check in MAX under Software the version you had installed.

Ans: Yes, i checked in MAX, Field point driver 6.0.10 is installed.

What are the various LEDs of FP-1000 and modules doing?

Ans: I have attached the photo of Filed point 57600,

I checked there is no bent pin on FP modules,

can i proceed to unplug all the wire and plug to FP-1000 only one of them at time and try to find devices.

Thanking You

Yours friendly

M. Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(7,280 Views)

Yes, I suggest you to first try to configure in MAX only FP-1000, then connect one module and select Find Devices, then connect another module and so on... This way you will be able to determine if one particular module or terminal block is the culprit.

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(7,277 Views)

Respected Licia,

I first configure in MAX only to FP-1000 and then i click Find device i received this command as "The connection to remote device timed out" and then i proceed find device after inserting each module which also gives same command.

I would kindly request your help to proceed next step.

yours friendly

m. vijay

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(7,274 Views)

Hi vijay,

did you check RS232 cable and the functionality of the RS232 port of the PC as I had suggested?

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(7,266 Views)

Respected Licia,

I do not know how to interconnect the pins.

to perform loopback test for RS 232 with no hardware flow control

connect pins 2 and 3

to perform loopback test for RS 232 with hardware flow control

connect pins 4 to 6 and 7 to 8.

Figure shows RS-232 female DE-9 plug with connections required for loopback test

I would kindly request your help to do this experiment.

yours friendly
m. vijay

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(7,242 Views)