From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field point stop and restart connection to ethernet

The problem is simple:
my program is running and i disconnect pc to the net, the program at this moment is blokked inside an frame write or read FP and don't return any error becouse is still blokked inside, when i reconnect the net the program don't restart but remain in the same conditions and i must close Labview from task manager.
Other pc when I disconnect the net write the error FP not connected and when the net is reconnected the program resume the comunication.....
where is the problem? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,623 Views)

HI,

It's difficult for me to reply to you without see your application.

If you can send me your VI or, if  it is too big, you can reproduce the behavior in a small Vi.

Have a nice Day!

Peppe  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,597 Views)

The VI is simple: Open FP-Create tag While with inside write FP and condition to stop one control.

When I disconnect net the VI  don't reurn any errors and is blocked, the PC stop labview only with task manager........

The problem isn't only with my VI but Fieldpoint explorer has the same conduct, whitout never returns error.

Only one error is displayed, when I stop PC:

instruction 0x7c809783  the memory n°................ culdn't be written

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,593 Views)
Hi,
In order to replicate your application, I need your simple VI and some information:
Which kind of FP are you using? Which version of LV are you using?
Thanks
Giuseppe
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,593 Views)
I use LV 6.0.2 con il field point 3.0.1 e windows xp professional , I FP are one ethernet 1601 and some module AI-DI-DO-RLY-TC.
I attach 1 file, this file has the problen when run and the net is disconnect.
But like i have write in the before 3D, FP explorer 3.0.1 has the same problem
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,588 Views)

Hi,

Probably You forgot to attach the file.

Giuseppe

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,583 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,581 Views)
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=110&message.id=4435#M4435
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,559 Views)

Thanks Solarburn,

but my problem isn't the same;

when ethernet is log off the field point explorer is blocked and I must restart program to reconnect

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,549 Views)
The problem seems to be related to a bad memory write process. I will make some tests with the FP I have here in office an let you know if I encounter the same problem
Fabio M.
NI
Principal Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,547 Views)