FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field point network breakdown

I use Labview 7.0
I have one problem with field point read/write block:

I have 3 cicles that run simultaneosly one I read floatr array ( TC) and the other read one DO ( boolean array), third cicle write one boolean signal.
If I interrupt PC comunication with the net and so with ethernet module 1601, all signal are fixed; when I reconnect the net cable the FP-read block begin to send correct value of TC while the other both remain tilted and don't send any values, and if I stop the program there don't stop but I must quit Labview.
I have verified that the problem is only in boolean write and read FP-block and when I disconnect the net cable any signal exit from these blocks.

Do you have  some suggestion?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,343 Views)

Hi.

I would like to ask you further explanation: why is network connection lost? Do you obtain some error in your LabVIEW application when the connection is established again? Is your program running embedded on the FP or you deploy and run it again from LabVIEW after the connection is re-established? Can you always control the digital modules from MAX?

I advise you to read this KB:

AE KB 2FT7TI9O: What Happens if FP Read is Called and the FieldPoint Network Module is Offline?

hoping it's useful for your problem.

Licia

Message 2 of 8
(7,321 Views)
Licia,

Your link points to a location that is not accessible for those people outside of NI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,317 Views)

You are right! Thank you! Sorry for the mistake!

This is the correct link.

Hi!

Licia 

Message 4 of 8
(7,315 Views)
Ok this fix the problems when you have an error to the exit of the FP read, but I haven't any error , any exit.......
Labview remains into the FP read or write boolean and doesn't exit  and the last error that I see is not an error, all is ok

I don't understand
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,292 Views)
So no error returns from your application? What is the behaviour of the Status LED of your network module like?

To guard your system against failures in the network connection, cables, or host computer, a possible suggestion is to enable (in MAX) the network watchdog feature of the FP-1601 . If the network watchdog is enabled and the FP-1601 loses communication with all hosts or clients over the network, the FP-1601 sets its output channels to your pre-defined values (the watchdog state).

Licia

Message 6 of 8
(7,283 Views)

ok

the watchdog sets the output but the program is tilted.....

I must restart labview when the comunication with the net return.....

This is impossible, there is an error, other pc have a right behaviour and when the net is disconnected have like output the old values

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,280 Views)

I'm sorry if I insist with questions, but I would like to fully understand your problem...

After the connection is re-established, you have to restart LV but you can't? What kind of error is produced? Could you post a screenshot of what is happening?

So your problem occurs only on one computer, while on others all is ok? Maybe the problem is then connected with the connection settings of the computer...

Thank you. Bye.

Licia

Message 8 of 8
(7,272 Views)