FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error writing to field point

I am trying to connect Field point  FP-1001 by Ni PCI-485/2 multifuction adaptor . when i start the program by Ni scope i found " ERROR WRITING TO FIELD POINT". 

i have checekd the pci card and its setting is quite Ok. the picture attached for referance. please help .

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,477 Views)

What is the operating system of your computer?  What version of the NI FieldPoint driver do you have installed?  This card is not compatible with operating systems beyond XP.  Did you always get this error, or is it new?  What changed between when it worked and now?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,449 Views)

Dear Shane C,

I am using the operating system XP SP3. i have installed field point version 4.0.1. i have not got any error in past . this time i just reboot the pc with new XP installtion and all the softwares with drivers. 

On start of the softweare i got error. I think there is some configration problem.. the comuncation of PC with Serial 485 card with FP-1001 not working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,437 Views)

Ok, if it worked on that system before, you should be able to get it working again.  Does your PCI card show up properly in NI MAX?  Can you upload a screen shot of the device there?  Do you have an option in MAX to send a command to the FP-1001 and see if the communication was established properly?  How does your PCI card show up in the Windows Device Manager, any exclamation points indicating that the device driver is not installed or recognized?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,419 Views)

Dear Shane,

Thanks for yor response. I have tried again yesterday and rectify the probelm. The confilect was between PC port  485 confirgration setting and VISA configration setting. First i treid to change setting but failed to change then i again install all the program again and tried to change the setting.this time i got successs. i per you question the driver and PCI card was installed properly.

Thanks again.

Regards,

wajid

@Shane-C wrote:

Ok, if it worked on that system before, you should be able to get it working again.  Does your PCI card show up properly in NI MAX?  Can you upload a screen shot of the device there?  Do you have an option in MAX to send a command to the FP-1001 and see if the communication was established properly?  How does your PCI card show up in the Windows Device Manager, any exclamation points indicating that the device driver is not installed or recognized?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,413 Views)

No problem, I'm glad you got it figured out!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,401 Views)