FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deploying labview fieldpoint application

Hello all,

i have fieldpoint application. i use the "LabView Application Builder" to make an *.EXE file.
i want now to install it on other PC computer that have clean installation of "Windows XP Home Edition" only.

i copy the *.EXE file to the new computer and its not working....

1. what else i need to install on the new PC ? the LavbView runtime ? how i install it ?
    i have all disks required from NI , LabView 7.1 Full, LabView Application Builder, NI-DAQ Drivers, etc...
2. can i make with the application builder a full complete installation Package that includes all the setups need
    to run my application in a new PC that have only Windows on it ?
3. In my PC - the develping station - i have MAX installed and i use the MAX configuration to read from the FieldPoint
    , How the EXE application can read the FieldPoint if there is no MAX installed on the new PC that should run this application ?

please please help.
Thanks in advanced
mor
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,051 Views)
The Application Builder has a tab which allows you to create an installer. This will include the Run-Time Engine and your program.

I don't think you need to install MAX on your target PC, but you will need the configuration file (iak) you saved in MAX. This file holds the channel names and type and so on. If you look at the FP items you use inside LV, you will see they probably all start with Fieldpoint. That means they call the default iak file, which is the last one you saved in LV. You can change this by going into the second tab (View Configurations) in the screen you get when you click Browse inside a FP IO point control.

(3,038 Views)
Mor,

1) On a new target PC, you will need to install the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine and the NI-FieldPoint driver (which includes MAX).
2) As tst stated you should switch to the Installer Settings tab to have App Builder create an installer that will include the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. It will not include the NI FieldPoint driver, but you can add the FieldPoint driver installer as support files and automatically run the installation by choosing run executable after installation in the Advanced section of the Installer Settings Tab. 
3) It can not. The NI FieldPoint driver must be installed on the target computer. The exception is if you are only using the FieldPoint Optomux VIs or the DataSocket VIs and not the more common FieldPoint VIs (FP Read, FP Write, etc...).

Regards.
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,034 Views)