FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compact field point module not found in max

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a cfp 2120 and 8 slot back plane. What ever module I put into slot 8 MAX does not find it. I have swapped out back planes and 2120 controlers, but the problem remains. When I manually add the device in MAX and try to configure it I get the "the device is offline" message for that module. The LEDs on the module that I put into slot 8 do light up green.

MAX version 4.6

LV 8.6

Field point 6.02

I suspect I am missing something simple, but I am not seeing it.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,568 Views)

Hi stv.  First thing I would try is to delete the Remote System entirely from MAX, then hit <F5> and confirm that the controller is found properly, then repeat the Find Devices step.

Have you tried swapping the modules around to see if it is module specific (i.e. take one that works in slot 7 and put it in slot 8)?

Also check the pins on the back of the modules very carefully.  We have seen them get bent but still allow the module to seat properly, leading to very strange results.

Sorry if some of these are obvious, just want to make sure we cover the easy ones first.

Matt

Message 2 of 4
(6,565 Views)

Matthew

I have tried doing all you mentioned a few times over the last couple of days.

I have somewhat isolated the problem. Here is what I have done. I set up a few systems and have been swapping controllers, back planes, and modules. The only difference between the setups that seems to matter is the software running on the controller. Slot 8 is not working when "FieldPoint 6.0.2 - July 2008" is installed. This is the case for both real-time 8.6 and 8.5. going back to FieldPoint 6.0.1 - January 2008 software results in slot 8 being recognized.

I am currently using the minimal install of FieldPoint 6.0.1 with Real-time upgraded to 8.6 (trying to avoid unistalling programs on computer). Hopefully I will find the mix of software that allows my application to run while still recognizing all slots.

We shall see

Thank you for your time / help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,558 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stv
Message 4 of 4
(6,554 Views)