From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cfp-ctr-500

Hi, I have recently upgraded a system from fieldpoint modules to compact fieldpoint.

I have a cfp-ctr-500 module which I use to generate a pulse output, a terminal count attribute is used to program the length of the pulse (5-1000ms) and the output is on channel 0.

With the old system this worked very well but with the compact fieldpoint module I cannot get any output.

If I make an output mode attribute then select 1 it takes the output high, when 0 is selected it takes it low.

with the old modules I had an attribute called control @ch1 which I set to true to send the pulse, cfp seems to have different names.

Getting very frustrated that I cannot get it to work, any help would be great.

Thanks

Allan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,088 Views)

Allan,

What fieldpoint module were you using before switching to the CFP-CTR-500?

Are you outputing a single pulse on demand or a continuous stream of pulses?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,076 Views)

Hi,

The original modules were FP-CTR-500 RS485 coms and the new modules are cFP-CTR-500 ethernet coms.

There are two modes of operation.

Mode 1 raise the output to a steady level for a time between 1 minute and 60 minutes, this is working ok by setting the output mode for the channel to 1.

Mode 2 single pulse of variing length, set by setting the terminal count to appropriate millisecond count.

Pin 9 and pin 15 are linked together,output 2 to gate 0.

Allan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,072 Views)