FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot connect depolyment system via ethernet to cFP-1808 module

i am trying to connect to my FieldPoint target from a deployment laptop (labview not installed).

i have no problems from my development laptop, but the depolyment computer cannot see the
FieldPoint target.  in fact, the "network settings" tab in MAX is entirely greyed-out and the
computer does not even see that there is a network connection.

note: the ".iak" file is present and correct, and the FieldPoint target does show up with the
assigned ip address under "remote systems", but there is a red X through the icon and i
cannot connect to the target.

i also tried to get the latest FieldPoint drivers (5.0.1) but the zip-exe file was unable to open a
specific file on two computers, both times i downloaded the 280MB file.  is this just me, or is
the FieldPoint501.exe file corrupt?

thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,100 Views)

Greetings!

If you are using LabVIEW 8.2, then you are right in considering the 5.0.1. It is not corrupt, you should be able to download from the following link and install it in the deployment system. That very well could be your problem. It is important that you have the LabVIEW run time engine, Fieldpoint drivers. Also attached is a snapshot of the max help that has good information about assigning ip address to the target.  

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/0759E398021B85F5862571CC0071C8E1?opendocument&node=13206...

The red x means usually there is no active connection from the 1808 to the host.

1) I would recommend also narrowing down the test to just using a cross over, 

2) flipping the dip switch on the 1808 to ip reset and safe mode.

3) Also observe the indication on the LEDS.

The cFP getting started guide is another great resource you should refer to.

Thanks and hope this helps

Regards

Avi Harjani

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,080 Views)