From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot communicate with fieldpoint device, the add/remove software option is grayed out

Hi, I have a cFP2220. It used to work perfectly with labview2009/fpdriver 6.0.5/MAX4.6.

But recently, my customer upgrade her system to labview 2011. So, I upgrade the system settings with Labview2011sp1/fp driver 6.0.9/Max5.3. But it turns out that Max can recognize the fieldpoint device, but Max can not communicate with it.

I have tried restarting computer, refreshing the max, switch to drivr 6.0.11. None of these worked.

Any ideas?

(Please check the attached images.)

nan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,668 Views)

There are the picture of what the max window looks like.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,667 Views)

More pictures.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,666 Views)

I just tried the following URL:

ftp://192.168.200.111/Data/

Nothing popped out, that is wield, because this URL worked when I had Labview 2009 installed.

I double checked the ethernet cable, it is in good condition.

I opened the Command Prompt (Start»Run...) and type route print. This should display all of the Active Routes in the system. However, one window popped out for about 1/10 of a second and suddenly closed by itself.

I guess this has something to do with the problem.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,659 Views)

Hello nan,

Based on the screenshots you've provided, it doesn't appear that the 2220 has been detected by MAX (red x next to device name/IP rather than FieldPoint icon.)  The most common cause for this behavior is that the drivers have not been reinstalled/repaired after installing a new version of LabVIEW, but from the sound of it, you have already upgraded the drivers to 6.0.11, so this is unlikely to be the issue. The following document is probably your best resource for troubleshooting cFP connectivity issues:

How to Network FieldPoint to a Host Computer with Ethernet

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/50BE7BEA4D5285DA862573370070D30B?OpenDocument

To use the route print command, you'll need to open up cmd.exe (Windows command prompt) and enter it at the command line there (Start>>Run>>type in "cmd" or "cmd.exe".  I think that in this case you'll want to try the ping command (ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) to validate the connection. If pinging the target fails, I would suspect a hardware, firmware, or network issue, whereas the driver and/or host software are more likely to be the culprits if it succeeds.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,630 Views)

Hi,

I read though the document. It helped somehow.

I used a router to port forward to the cFP2220, it turns out that I can now find the cFP device with the project window. And magically, the remote panel works. But the MAX still cannot talk to the cFP device, however, it doesn't matter as long as the remote panel works with the cFP 2220.

nan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,616 Views)