From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot browse fieldpoint IO from constant in LabView

Hi,
I'm presently working on some LabView 7 code developped by another colleague. That code read values from fieldpoint devices using the NI's fieldpoints VI. I can load the .iak file from MAX and read values from devices.
Strangelly, I cannot browse the device list from any fieldpoint constant in the LabView block diagram... I've attached two picture of the pop-up I got when I try to browse for a list of FieldPoints devices. I had our system administrator adding administrator rights to my user for the computer a use for the development but no changes.

Is there someone how can help me with that?

Thanks!

Etienne.

PS: Sorry for my english, it is not my birth tongue.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,492 Views)
Hello,

What you are seeing is normal. You must add a new .iak configuration in order to browse channels.

Before you can add the new .iak file, you must save a new one. Go into Measurement and Automation Explorer and find your FieldPoint module under Remote Devices. Right click on the name of the controller and select "Find Devices". This will autodetect all of the modules on your FieldPoint bank. Next, right-click on the name of your controller again and select "Go to Items Configuration." Then click the Save button. This will save the your FieldPoint configuration which will include all of the modules and channels on your bank. Note the location of where this file is saved.

Once you have saved your FieldPoint configuration. Go b
ack to LabVIEW and the View Configurations tab. Select New and then browse to the location of the .iak file and select it. Give it a name and then click Add.

More than likely, the current .iak file that you have selected is not valid. By saving a new .iak, you should be able to load a new configuration.

Regards,
Bill B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Download All
Message 2 of 4
(3,492 Views)
Hello,
I have a similar problem. When I browse for the fieldpoint modules, I can only see them when the VI is on the main application PC (e.g. the ususal polymorphic FP-read.vi). Once I deployed it to the fieldpoint, I only see the FP-2015 @0 in the browser, but not the other modules @1, @2 , etc. that I want to read out.
The .iak file is downloaded I can see every module correctly in the controller view in the deployed VI.
This happens only to the two fieldpoints which are longer in service (though nothing connected to the input modules), THE LATEST ONE WORKS CORRECTLY, but I'd like to use the others, too.
Software updates are all done and for all devices the same.
Do you have any other sugestions?
Thanks for any hint!
Olli
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,175 Views)
....OK I solved it...not exactly the way, that was shown by Bill but in a similar way...sometimes I seem to be kind of blind. I did not add the additional modules in the project explorer to the specific FP devices...somehow I did it before with the device that worked.
Now it works fine!
Ciao
Olli
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,167 Views)