FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can fp read be used without fp open?

I want to acquire multiple channels >100 one after another all in one second(one while loop with one case for each channel). FP read can be set to acquire one channel but can FP read be used without using FP open? There are 2 FP banks(FP controller and its FP modules) accessed by same application.

Also when is FP create Tag.vi used, any example?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,662 Views)
What versions of LV and FP are you running?  See this link.  http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4616
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,650 Views)
I am running LV8.2.1 FDS and Network FP drivers 5.0.1.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,647 Views)
In that case you can use just the FP Read.  Exactly which FP hardware are you using anyway?  Can you describe your application a bit more?  Getting the timing you want may be a bit tricky. 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,643 Views)

I am looking to at cfp 180x .

cfp 180x says in the data sheet that shared variables can be used, but how...I am not using real time...is it only with RT and can fp180x work with win?

TIA

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,631 Views)
TIA,
You can bind a shared variable to an IO point from a [c]FP bank such as the 180x. This doesn't require Real time. Each time you read the shared variable that is bound to the IO point, it is the equivalent of using an FP read.

Chris C
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,600 Views)
The key to this will be your timing requirements.   How tightly do you need to control the time between channel reads?  You may end up needing RealTime either on the host PC or in the form of a cFP-21xx controller.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,596 Views)