FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calibration of FP-TC-120

Hello all,

Currently, we do most of our own calibration (verification) in house using a Fluke 5520A calibrator and MetCal 7.0 software for our database.

Is there a way to have MetCal read the channels off the FP-TC-120 modules directly?  If not, can I read a global variable or network variable from MetCal?

The ultimate goal is to keep our database in MetCal and not change platforms.  Also, the end user of this is not a LabView programmer.

Fluke 5520A Calibrator
MetCal 7.0 Database and calibration software
Labview 8.2
Windows XP

Thanks,

Adam
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,190 Views)

Hi AB Regal,

I'm not familiar with MetCal and if it will have the ability to interface directly with our hardware, but I did want to point you to this Knowledge Base article regarding calibration:  How Do I Calibrate My National Instruments Hardware?

Go ahead and repost if you need any additional information that is not found there.

David_B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,169 Views)
Not familiar with MetCal either, but I do all the calibration of our TC-125 modules, and we are a highly credited measuring facility.

Is it possible for MetCal to say, read values from a textfile? This would ofcause require some LabVIEW programming to get it there.

I calibrate ours by taking 5 points in the interval of -60 to +100celsius and comparing the termocouple results to a calibrated PT100, then make a quad spline equation of the errors and applying that equation to read values.

maybe if oyu could describe the tesprocedure we could help a bit more.

Anders
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,152 Views)

I just installed lates version of CalExec but am not very familiar with it yet.

For your inquiry, IF you can see the calibration code in NI and it is the same language as MetCal, maybe you can copy/paste into MetCal creating a new procedure?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,059 Views)