FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP signal loose

Hello!

We have installed cFP-2100 controller and cFP-AI-111 for control and logging the data from sensors. cFP controller is connected (via ethernet) to PC with basic LabView application. While application runs in LabView Development System all everything is allright, but if I make executable file and run it, then in few hours (everytime different) network adapter crashes and loose cFP signal. Can you help me with any suggestion or advise?

Looking forward to hear from you,

Dmitri

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,245 Views)
Dmitri,

Where are the executable and the VI located?  Are they on your PC or deployed to the cFP-2100?

Intermittent loss of network communication can be caused by a duplicate IP address.  If you disconnect your cFP-2100 and on your host PC ping the IP address that your cFP-2100 was assigned, do you get a response?  If you do, then you have a duplicate IP address. 

How is your cFP-2100 connected?  Is it in an isolated network or exposed?

Isolated Network (static IP):
1.  Direct connection between PC and cFP-2100 with crossover Ethernet.
2.  Hub/Switch without an external network connected.  Ie, no DHCP server.  Straight-through Ethernet is used.

Exposed Network (DHCP server):
1.  Typically has a router with DHCP.

What is the IP address and subnet mask of your cFP-2100 and your host PC?

Another possibility is that your communication is being crowded out because your executable is gradually consuming all memory if it is deployed on your cFP-2100.  To monitor both CPU and Memory usage, navigate to Tools»Real-Time»System Manager in your Project Explorer window in LabVIEW.  Be sure to click the Start Monitoring button to begin monitoring.

Trey B
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,231 Views)
hi, i'm new to this area,
i was wonder if any of you know about field point , open.v,,, create tag.vi,,,read and write.vi, and close.vi

please help,,,, and if i'm in the wrong board, pls show me where do i go from here.

thank you in advance
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,196 Views)

This is the correct board.  However, you really should start a new message thread rather than replying into this thread.  Also, rather than asking a very general "What does anyone know?"  question.  Try to put together a few more specific questions about things you want to know and go from there.

Message 4 of 4
(6,193 Views)